DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKERS
Our Client is a not-for-profit organisation offering high quality support services for people with disability. Our Client offers a wide range of services to people with a disability. We are looking for a number of people that are generally interested in this industry, as a Disability Support Worker. Training will be available for successful candidates.
Position Specific Responsibilities for this role:
Customer Empowerment - Key tasks
Working under limited supervision, support customers to:
- Exercise personal choice, initiative and self-expression
- Provide an enjoyable and safe environment for all customers
- Provide support that will enable the person to participate successfully in individual interests, hobbies and relationships
- Actively engage with customers at all times
- Maintain an environment which promotes person directed decision making and contributes to personal growth
- Ensure that customers are at all times accorded privacy, dignity, confidentiality and the opportunities for decision and choice making
- Offer motivation and encouragement
- Advocate for and assist customers, their families and significant people in their lives to advocate for access and community engagement
Residential Support - Key tasks
Working under general direction, provide assistance as a means of maximising personal independence. Indicative tasks may include:
- Transferring/Hoisting (within given safety parameters)
- Meal preparation
- Meal assistance
- Medication administration
- Complex health support such as Gastrostomy Feeding and BSL Testing
- Personal administration and appointments
- Work with customers to ensure housekeeping duties are met
- Support customers to use physical and communication aids & other equipment where required
- Assist customers in the receiving and accounting for monies
The Successful Candidates must have or willing to obtain:
- Working with Children's Check (employee)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Police Check
- Cert. 4 Disability (desirable)
- And a true interest in the Disability Support area.
We are looking for candidates that maybe able start immediately if possible and there maybe a number of positions that will be available for the right people.
If this role sounds like you and you are someone that is passionate about helping people please send through your current Resume with 3 current referees to Tracey Toy email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information Please contact Tracey Toy on 5831 5880 during business hours.
Register for this VacancyFill out our registration form to help us match you to potential employers.
Applications close at 15 April 2020 at 8:00 PM.This vacancy was published at 26 February 2020 at 8:58 AM.
For more information or to apply for this vacancy, please call or forward your resume to:
03 58 315 880